Wednesday, December 24, 2014

First RV Christmas - 12/24/14

Happy Christmas Eve from our home to yours! This is our first Christmas as full-time RVers. And yes, it is different, but wonderful all the same. Mostly we miss our friends (since our kids are both too busy with work these days to visit us over the holidays). But we are NOT missing the cold weather in Pennsylvania. Tucson is beautiful this time of year!

When we were living in our house, we had boxes of holiday decorations that we kept in our storage unit. With the full-time RV lifestyle decision, I went through all of that stuff, giving my precious, old, sentimental stuff to our daughter or my brother. I had a plastic storage container and I decided that I would only take with us whatever fit in that small space. Then I sold or donated the rest.

I do miss our dining room and holiday china and crystal!



And the loft. We only put up this small tree in 2013 because we had the house on the market.


A couple of weeks ago I pulled out our one measly box of decorations from the one of the storage bays underneath the motor coach.  And here are some photos of how we decorated the RV.

I hang table runners for each season/occasion (right). Here's our Christmas one and our stockings beneath the window (sadly, we do not have a fireplace!)


Christmas ornaments hung from storage door handles (and some beads in various places).



And this special glass ornament that Amanda and Justine gave us a few years ago.


Our Lenox Santa and wooden decorations (made by our brother-in-law, John).

Mistletoe.

My favorite holiday towels!
Our "living room" area.
Outdoor decorations.



So we're all set to talk with our kids tonight and tomorrow as they open their gifts and we open ours. Happy holidays!

1 comment: