There are two fabulous special exhibits on display now:
- Halston & Warhol: Silver and Suede unites the work of the two on intersections in their lives.
- Body Expressions is an innovative artistic expression of the human body focusing on jewelry, tattoos, nail arts, and fashions.
Dale Chihuly, Royal Blue Mint Chandelier, 1998 (glass)
Saint Clair Cemen, Car II, 1990 (Belgian glass marble)
Danny Lane, Threshold, 2010 (glass, steel, mirror, wood, stone, LED lights)
Eva Hild, Flutter, 2005 (stoneware)
Susan Point, Salmon Spawning Run, 2012 (Western red cedar)
David Sengal, Fishmonger, 2002 (ebonized fir, sassafras and walnut wood, rose and orange thorn, lacquer).
Nacho Carbonell, Wood Branches, Diversity Collection n.17, 2012 (steel armature, oak, willow branches)
Albert Paley, Chairs, 1992 (steel)
Cristina Cordova, Prelerdios y Partida, 2012 (ceramic, concrete, steel, resin)
John Kuhn, Pacific Rose, 1997 (glass, stainless steel)
- Unidentified cabinetmaker (Maryland), Desk and Bookcase, c.1790 (mahogany and cherry veneers inlaid with satin wood over walnut.
- Unidentified African-America cabinetmaker (South Carolina), Plantation Sideboard, c 1845 (white and yellow pine).
- Kimbel & Cabus, Desk, 1876 (Walnut with nickel-plated hardware)
Earthenware Corn Pitchers, c. 1850s (New Jersey [left] and South Carolina)
Andy Warhol, Marilyn Monroe, 1967 (screen print on paper)
Bob Troutman, Cover Up, 2008 (wood, tempura, and wax)
Paul Jenkins, Phenomena Turn of the Tides, 1973 (acrylic on canvas)
This is a signature piece that can be seen from all floors of the museum; it is pretty amazing.
Sheila Hicks, Mega Footprint Near the Hutch (May I Have This Dance?) 2011.
Admission to the Mint Museum is $12/adults and $9/seniors. The special exhibitions are an additional fee. When you purchase tickets at one of the two Mint Museum locations you have free entry to the second one the day of purchase and the day after. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit here...many very interesting pieces. Check out their website for information on special exhibits, hours of operation, etc.