The Good News: The shop figured out all of the parts needed (we hope) and all but one of them arrived today so that they can begin the repairs. Basically, the work entails a major overhaul/replacement of the air conditioning system for the cab. (There are two air conditioners on top for the motor coach for the living areas.)
The Bad News: It will cost around $3,500 and will not be done until next Monday (if all goes as currently planned). And no, there is no warranty at this point on the Ford V-10 Triton engine (even though it only has 18,000 miles on it). We had purchased an extended warranty when we bought the motor coach in 2013, but it expired in January, 2016. (Of course, this is something I had not kept track of and did not realize it had expired. It would have been nice if the ESP company had contacted us!) Regardless, it could have been much worse.
Overall, we are very happy that there is progress toward resolution! Crater Lake National Park is next on our list and this has, obviously, delayed our plans. No worries on that count, we will juggle our reservations and figure it out. Our only firm date this year is to be in NC by the middle of September! Mostly, we miss our nice comfy home. Meanwhile, we are enjoying the beautiful northern coast of California and Redwood National and State Parks.